I'm right in the middle of training for my half marathon which is on October 13th. I'm gonna be honest, it is super tough and somedays I just want to skip a run. It's so easy to say," It's just one run I'm missing". Then I realize that one run can make a HUGE difference is my training. I have to push through and just get out there and "Run the World"!
Thinking of training for a half marathon? Here are some must haves that have helped me a ton:
- Hydration pack
- Nuun tablets (fruit punch is the best!)
- Adidas miCoach heart rate monitor (plugs in to my iPhone wirelessly through the charging port)
- Adidas miCoach trainer (sets a running schedule for you)
- REI multi towel (for a sweaty runner!)
- Clif Bar Shot Gel (awesome for that extra boost of energy/electrolytes)
- Nike Frees (favorite running shoe...at the moment!)
- Body Glide (for any hot spots that may appear on long runs)
- Cool mesh/blister free socks
- Fabulous running playlist that must include Beyonce's Run the World song! I found an awesome site that has 13.1 songs for your 13.1 miles here.
- Lululemon has the best versatile running/yoga clothes
I run 5 days a week, and my long run days are on Saturdays. I start with some dynamic stretching before I run, and then I do static stretching after the run. It's a hard schedule, but it will be well worth it come October 13th!
Get out there and RUN THE WORLD!!!