Today the beautiful Sara from Sunshine & Pretty Things is guest blogging for me. Thank you Sara for making my blog look super yummy today with your Mini Apple Pie recipe! When I get back from Asia i'm definitely going to try it! Sara's blog is adorable and I think everyone should check it out!
Hello sweet KariedAway readers! I'm Sara, the creator of the blog Sunshine & Pretty Things!
I'm super excited to have the opportunity to share a little recipe post with you all today! Since Kari and her wonderful blog reflects all things lovely and sweet, I figured why not share one of my favorite southern sweet treats of all time - good ol' fashion apple pie. Mini apple pies, that is. Because let's be honest, apple pies are THAT good, we all want our own.
2 cups flour
2/3 cups butter, chilled
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons water
3 medium to large green apples (or red! up to you)
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
6 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons butter, chilled
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Set aside 4 mini corning ware bowls.
2. Add flour, chilled butter, and salt in a large bowl and mix until ingredients are well blended.
3. Add water to the crust mixture and remove from bowl to blend with hand.
4. Lightly flour a clean surface and roll out the dough thinly. Use a small plastic bowl to cut out circles for the pie crusts.
5. Using a credit card or hard thin plastic, cut out long strips of dough for the crust braid (optional) then set aside.
6. Peel and dice 3 green apples into small cubes then place into a medium bowl.
7. Add sugar, cinnamon, flour, and chilled butter in bowl with diced apples then toss together.
8. Stretch out dough to cover corning ware bowls completely leaving enough dough to cut out circles for the top covering.
9. Scoop the filling into the corning ware bowls then use the remaining dough circles to cover the tops.
10. Begin "braiding" the long strips of dough, slowly stretching them as you finish the braid. Line the edges of the mini pies.
11. Place in oven for approximately 20 minutes.
12. Let cool for 15 minutes then enjoy!
Best served with ice cream, y'all.